WHAT RADICAL TRANS PEOPLE SAY
1. Those “radical feminists” are mean.
2. No one wants to fuck those “radical feminists.”
3. Those “radical feminists” are only talking to each other.
4. Those “radical feminists” hold outdated views that will go the way of the dinosaur.
5. Those “radical feminists” need more education.
6. Those “radical feminists” are too backwards to understand that a penis is a female organ.
WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD SAYS
1. Those “radical feminists” are mean.
2. Who said anything about fucking? Why are you constantly talking about fucking? JFC.
3. Those “radical trans” are only talking to each other.
4. Those “radical trans” hold bizarre cultlike views. When a person challenges said view, radical trans greets said challenge with severe overreactions, which often includes insults about fuckability and death threats (and stuff like this, which is indescribable).
5. Those “radical trans” are self-absorbed (HELLOOOOO ENDLESS YOUTUBE VIDEOS ABOUT FACIAL HAIR).
NO ONE SHOULD FACE DISCRIMINATION – THAT INCLUDES FEMALES. WHEN YOU DENY FEMALE REALITY, YOU DENY A PART OF THE FEMALE EXPERIENCE THAT IMPACTS FEMALES GREATLY. HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO THE WAR WAGED AGAINST REPRODUCTIVE CHOICE? OH, WAIT, PROMINENT TRANS WOMEN DON’T CARE ABOUT THAT!
Reblogged this on Female Biology Matters and commented:
Female biology matters.
Reblogged this on Radical Resolution.
Gotta laugh at the reference to Paglia as a radfem icon.
“Every kick ass, funny, or moving International Women’s Day post that conflated “woman” and “person with a vagina” was something that gave me a sour taste in my mouth. An otherwise great piece I just couldn’t post on Facebook or tweet.”
If they could make it illegal to refer to women without the prefix “cis,” or to refer to the penis as a male organ, they would.
Also, LOL at the lecture, which I didn’t watch, on the evil of spelling “transwoman” as one word.
I notice that on Wikipedia, “ciswoman” is one word, and “trans woman.” In their Orwellian doublespeak, they can say they are women; we cannot.
I love this post! Seriously. TWO VIEWS ON REALITY.
re #6: Gendered expression does not majikcally render a male bodied person a “woman” BECAUSE being a “woman” is not created out of compliance with feminine stereotypes. Just as bodies do not dictate behavior; behavior does not dictate bodies. It’s that simple.
re #2: FEMINISM IS NOT A SEX PARTY/ORGY.
The conceptual standards one maintains at a fantasy, kinky sex party can be pretty loose (talk dirty, call each dragons, who gives a fuck). The conceptual standards and terminological exactitude that we apply to our political analysis and law should be much clearer. Much, much clearer!!!! Duh.
“Sex positive” has to be one of the stupidest derails ever. I am going to SHAME you into agreeing with me by playing on your insecurities about not being sexy or desirable or fuckable.
Blah blah blah!
Enjoy your orgy, laydees!
I made a post in response to http://feministing.com/2012/03/19/the-ways-of-talking-about-the-war-on-women-that-leave-people-out/ and so far it has caused a tranny shitstorm on tumblr.
Not sure what people are saying because I stopped checking the reblogs after the first “bawwwwwwwwwww I want to be included in the language used to help FABs too since I am important in the context of FAB reproduction.” etc
Can catch the drama here if interested http://cynicynth.tumblr.com/post/20265135265/the-ways-of-talking-about-the-war-on-women-that-leave
tumblr is fun. thanks for the link.
1. Trans women are men who choose to perform as women. This performance may include surgical or other cosmetic enhancements. Such choices are legal and should not be discriminated against.
2. Same for trans women. People have the right to perform as whatever socially-constructed gender they choose, though this does not change their biological sex.
3. As trans women are not females,they may or may not be allies of women/feminists. Their issues are different and connected inextricably to their male sex. The obverse is true for trans males.
4. Trans folk need to work out their destinies without harming existing groups such as lesbians, heterosexual females, and so on. Such groups have specific issues which require them to have separate spaces for development and conversation, without disturbance from other groups.
So what’s the problem?